Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Here We Go Again

We're getting hit by mother nature again. The timing couldn't be worse--so many people wanting to travel to be with loved ones for the holidays, including my oldest son. I'm afraid he won't be able to get home until Saturday and that makes me sad. VERY sad. It will be so different having Christmas without him. But I don't want him trying to drive in this either as I'd be worried sick. I'll just have to sit tight, and I hope he will too.

I have a public apology to make. In the December issue of RTC News, the caption under Laura Lenz's photo is left over from the September issue. It says it's "me and Judy Weller" when in fact it's Laura Lenz holding a stalk of (my) Brussels sprouts. So sorry to everyone involved.

Well, I guess it's official now--I'm a co-webmaster for the St. Cloud River Runners. My mug is online. :-)

John The Penguin Bingham is retiring from column-writing at Runners' World. Read his article online. It's a good one.

A cookie note: Mary Chestolowski brought decorated cut-out cookies to the cookie exchange on Sunday. They were nice and thick and I really liked them, so I asked her for the recipe. Here's what she said: "It's your recipe Renee! :) I love them too."  :-) Funny. Here's a slideshow from Sunday:



I bought myself some alstromeria at Sam's Club the other day. I say you can't go wrong for $3. Totally cheerful. They had lots of different colors to pick from.



Here's some fun photos from Tom Woo (Team R.E.D. shots):



Totally useless information: Yesterday I got a mailing from SELF magazine that my subscription is up for renewal. Well, my one year subscription expires in July!! That's really pushing it!

Spotted today when I was out and about after work: Amy Anshus at Great Harvest (it was a busy place today), Betsy Baartman and her son Brandon at Running Room buying Brandon some shoes, and Shaun and Sue Palmer outside Running Room. It was good to see all of them. I was, and am, having kind of a tough day. They all lifted my spirits. I am so thankful for my friends.

I did some time in the kitchen today--finally got those cut-out snowflakes cut out, baked, and decorated. Matt helped me put on the (edible) pearl decorations.






They're a lot of fun to do even though they're "putsy".

Then it was time for a Norwegian delicacy--lefse!! It's riced potatoes, butter, salt, flour and a little sugar rolled thin and baked on a round griddle. Spread with a little butter and sprinkled with brown sugar and rolled up, it's divine.



Dan Strain is looking for some (brave) runners tomorrow morning for 10 miles from Panera South at 7 AM. I'll have to take a pass. It's really nasty out there and only supposed to get worse. This morning I ran to the Y, swam an hour, and ran home. Now ... I think I'll go ride the bike for a while. Some decompression time is called for.

Stay warm. Stay safe. Stay home.

Ramblin' Renee

No comments: