Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Newsworthy and noteworthy?

Let's see ... the best part of my week was a trip to the new Four Daughters Vineyard & Winery near Spring Valley, a short 30 minute drive south of Roch on highway 63. Very easy to get to and VERY much worth the trip. We arrived at 6:30 ...




and moved inside to begin our wonderful evening.





We were treated to appetizers and an explanation of how the wines are made, along with a glass of their yet-to-be-released Riesling, which was very good.




We then moved in to the private dining room where we were treated to a first-class meal. Delicious, and then some.



Roasted beet, orange, local green salad

Salmon with braised leeks

Amablu creme brulee
Hands down my favorite item on the menu was the braised leeks. I could have eaten just a plateful of those and walked away happy. Second in line for favorite was the salmon. I like something sweet to finish a meal so I'm not sold on the bleu cheese creme brulee. To save calories, I only ate about half of it. Lots o'heavy creme in that dish. It was a delightful evening and I'll be back. No doubt.

Yesterday's workout ... 7.0 mile run and lifted. Today, 10.something miles and 15 x 1/4 mile which were quite a bit faster than last week so I'm very happy about that.

This evening I brought supper to Becky and Charly whose little 5-month old daughter Seely is in the PICU at St. Mary's hospital. I made bread, salad, chicken, spring risotto (with asparagus and peas) and cookies. Seely is doing much  better, and looks great.






TTFN.

1 comment:

Buy Diablo 3 gold said...

Very cool. I always enjoy the interviews. Thanks for having this blog