Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh What Fun It Is To Ride!!

Today I decided to ride. The air was again heavy with moisture and a ride sounded better than a run. So I headed out on my northerly loop to Pine Island. I rode into town this time as I wanted to find out the name of the coffee shop just north of Kwik Trip (Better Brew). I'm hoping to organize a Sunday afternoon ride sometime soon and wanted to call it the "PI" ride (Pine Island, and enjoy some pie afterwards). But I think I'll bake pie(s) myself and we can have pie in the park instead of descending on a coffee shop. Stay tuned. Anyway, I went through SC, Byron, PI, Douglas. When in Douglas I heard my name called ... it was Bill, Paige and Patti getting ready to ride the Treaman course (twice!). So I pulled into the parking lot and chatted with them for a while.



They were going up Genoa hill and I love that challenge. I already had 35.something miles in but decided to join them and head home through Byron and back to Roch on County 34/2nd St SW. So we rode up Genoa hill and up and down the rolling hills just to the west. They took a right on 5 and I took a left. By the time I got home I had in 56.72 miles ... and I was STARVING. I had a couple 90-calorie granola bars with me, but that wasn't enough. I really was weak with hunger. I put some oatmeal in the microwave and hopped in the shower and inhaled that oatmeal when I was done.

BTW, SCRRs: Curt has agreed to share the story of the "Lost Boys of Little Birch Lake" in an article in the SCRR newsletter. Can't wait to read it.

Here's a link to Judy's blog. She's started training for Ironman Coeur d'Alene (Idaho). Wendy Nevala is training as well. And Bill is still trying to get me to sign up!!

I'm headed to Chicago for my sister's wedding tomorrow. And the next Saturday I'll be helping Greg with the Douglas Trail runs. One of these days I really hope to get back to the long runs at the RAC on Saturday morning. :-)

Supper was a recipe I found in Bicycling magazine ... Spaghetti with Basil, Pesto, Red Potatoes and Green Beans. Delicious recipe. And filled me up (along with a salad of course!).



All for now. Good night.

No comments: