Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Good Run

22.01 this morning. And I have to say, 20+ miles have never felt so easy. Go figure. 16+ miles total on Thursday (Friday was run, lift, swim, run). But it just felt great. I'd have thought my legs would have felt sluggish. But ... I'll take it.

A good crowd at the RAC this morning. 60+.


It was good to see Jen Bradt and Marilee back with us.

Mike Schmitt wore his St. Pat's finest. BTW: Lin mentioned that there's an acute need for water stop volunteers. We didn't have one for this morning until last night (THANK YOU JEAN MURRAY). If you, or a friend, can help out, please email Lin. I'll end up doing a couple of them. I'll be MIA for many, if not most, of the Saturday runs from now on. Next week I'm hoping to dash up to St. Cloud for their Saturday breakfast run. I miss them!! Then it's Human Race. 4/3 I'll be able to run. 4/10, Fetzer (no RAC run). 4/17 Boston. 4/24 Get in Gear. 5/1 Spring Classic. 5/8 Lake Wobegon. And so it goes ...

After getting the lowdown on the course for the morning from Pete, we were out into the fog and breezy north wind for our run around town.



We headed west, then south on county 22, then east on 2nd Street SW to the first water stop, at the Mayo Credit Union. On the way, I passed Brenda and Mona.


Then we headed toward downtown (those are the speedsters!) ...


then back to Kutzky and then towards the lake. On the way, I passed a house that had an addition put on recently. It's Jonathan Cartwright's (Curtwright?) house, I believe. He's a runner. Anyway, kudos to the architect on this one. A fantastic job.



Cascade Creek is running very high with all the recent melting. Ian Lanza flew by on this stretch with a "howdy" for me.


Shortly thereafter, we had a water stop. Again ... thank you Jean!


I brought 2 GUs, but didn't use them. I had some banana and candy (orange slices and jelly beans, provided by Jean) at the water stop and that seemed to be enough. I met up with Shaun Palmer down by the river and we ran together for a little bit, passing Masami Kita who's also training for Boston along with hubby Hiro. Shaun continued north, and I headed around the lake where Randy McKeeman and I started running together back to the water stop.

Then I hoofed it back to the RAC to get the cookies out of my trunk.


I had just shy of 20 miles at this point, so I ran back to 52 and back to the RAC and got in my 22.01. A very good, solid run. Kudos to Andy and Trevor who ran 20 at 7:40 pace. They're in fantastic shape and should do very well at Lake Wobegon!!

A few of us headed to Brothers for some carb replenishment.


What a face!!


I had a plain pancake today. No walnuts. Decided I didn't want those extra calories. But it still hit the spot. I was very thirsty and pounded down 2 Diet Pepsis in pretty short order. When I left Brothers, I stopped at the dollar store for some St. Pat's "stuff" for tonight.



I had a bit of a headache today. Not sure why. Haven't had a headache in years. Probably a combo of lack of sleep, dehydration, and whatever. Twins were on the radio this afternoon while I was preparing my couch potato (see post below) which was fun. Makes me think of summer.

I still need lots of volunteers for the Fetzer on April 10. If you can help out, please email me. Thank you so much. Also, the price goes up in 2 weeks so get those registrations in. :-)

Well, I better get my clothes changed and get ready for some Irish cheer. Have a wonderful evening!!

No comments: