Friday, January 22, 2010

Slip Sliding Away ...

Sounds like that's what we all will be doing in the morning. We're "scheduled" to get a couple tens of an inch of ice. Not good. Assuming it's safe to drive, I will wear my Ice Bugs for sure on the run (Dunn Bros. Elton Hills at 7:30). I just made a loaf of low-fat pumpkin bread (egg whites, yogurt) but it totally sunk in the middle. : (



I think the ends are still edible.

This morning I ran, lifted, swam, ran home. I'm going to try mixing up my swimming workout in an effort to get even a little faster. Try doing some drills or something.

Today, I made some progress on sponsorships for races I'm involved with. Culver's will donate chicken noodle soup for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer (thank you!). Reichel Foods will donate 300 boxes of Dippin' Stix (apple slices and caramel) for the Fetzer (thank you!). And John and Ken are available to score Fetzer (yippee!! they are so conscientious). So that's all very good news. So for LUABC, we are getting the following donated: chicken noodle soup, Great Harvest bread, bananas, Dippin Stix, cheese and bottled water (I think). And I will make oodles of cookies.

This afternoon at Kwik Trip on 2nd St SW I filled up my car with gas and at the same time purchased a car wash at the pump. I put some air in my tires and then drove over to the car wash. Guess what? There's a sign outside the wash that it's "Closed for the weather". Hmmm. It's above freezing and this is just the kind of weather where every car needs washing! I was frustrated that I could purchase the wash but not use it. So I drove up to the Kwik Trip on West Circle Drive and bought another one (all the washes are also $1 more at that Kwik Trip). Oh well, at least it's clean. When I came home I cleaned the interior. I love having a clean car.

I stopped at Good Food Store this afternoon. I just love that store.



I bought ...




some thick rolled oats, 2 Delicata squash, a Sweet Dumpling squash, some garlic powder and some ground cloves. Those winter squash are my favorites. They are so sweet and microwave in minutes.

Then I went to Great Harvest to fill out a donation form for Fetzer and stopped in next door at Salvaged Treasures.




What a fun shop! I'd never been in there before. It's open Wed-Sat 11 to 5. Lots of fun stuff, new and "previously loved".










I didn't make a purchase, but it was sure fun to look around and I'm glad I now know what's inside. As runners, this sign would get us in deep doo doo:



My little scrap quilt is coming along. I'll post a photo when it's done. : )

I got this link in an email the other day. Lots of ultrarunning info.

I heard Joe Soucheray read this on the radio this afternoon:

A Viking Prayer


Our Favre who art in Minnesota, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Dome. Give us this Sunday our weekly win. And give us our touchdown passes, as we forbid those who try to pass against us. And lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever. Amen.

My friend Rick sent me a link to this very cute video:




Skol Vikings!!

Good night.

No comments: